Happiest Dark Corner
Based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
October 10, 2014
Press / Business contact:
“With no memory and a hand attached to its tail, the cat doesn’t realize what’s in store for it. ”
A Cat’s Manor is a puzzle based adventure about personal discovery. Waking up without any memory, and seeing a hand attached to the end of his tail, our unlikely victim must piece together what has happened, and what looming dangers are closing in. You soon realize you’re locked up in a house with an eccentric family whose demeanor doesn’t bode well. Help our little protagonist make sense of the world and its occupants. Help the cat escape the Cat’s manor. Featuring unique visuals, movie quality soundtrack, professional voice acting that breathes life into a truly immersive experience.
A Cat’s Manor started out under a different name as a small contributing project to the local indie scene supported by Sony Entertainment. Created and released for free in 2 months, it quickly attracted attention for it’s unique visuals, excellent audio, and attempt at doing something different. Encouraged to continue development and upgrade it for a western market, A Cat’s Manor developed at a rate that surprised its followers. Attracting international talent and industry leaders. Turning heads where ever it was displayed, a Cat’s Manor garnered praise, admiration, and continuous engagement from the public. Lending his talent and experience in film and concert, Wlad Marhulets composed the amazing soundtrack for A Cat’s Manor.
A Cat’s Manor is targeting 4th Quarter 2019 release on PC platforms, followed shortly by Consoles and smart phones.
Awards, Recognition, & Articles
- “Won Best Game Narrative at Dubai World Game Expo 2015 Indie Game Devfest” – Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 3rd October, 2015
- “Finalist at ArabNET Riyadh 2015 Battle of the Games ” – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 15th December, 2015
- “Featured interview – Game Developing Extraordinaire” – Riyadh Destination Magazine, February, 2016
- “Article – A Feline Needs To Escape An Eccentric, Unhinged Family In A Cat’s Manor” – http://www.siliconera.com/, May 27th, 2016
- “Article – Feline Horrors Abound in A Cat’s Manor” – https://www.dreadcentral.com/ , June 2nd, 2016
- “Featured – Indie Game Lookout for June 2, 2016” – http://digitalcracknetwork.com/, June 2nd, 2016
- “Featured interview in Indie Spotlight on IGN ME website” – http://me.ign.com/ , 9th June, 2016
- “Article – A Cat’s Manor Is a Cute But Creepy 2D Platform Horror game” – http://www.oneangrygamer.net/ , June 9th, 2016
- “Reached rank 8 globally in 19 days on Steam Green Light” – http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678771971
- “Featured on Unity’s official Made With Unity website” – http://madewith.unity.com/ , July, 2016
- “Interview article – Developing A Cat’s Manor in Saudi Arabia for a Western Audience” – http://indiegames.com, October 21st, 2016
- “Interview article – A look at the indie game development scene in Saudi Arabia ” – http://www.Gamasutra.com/, October 28th, 2016
- “Feature – IndieMaster’s Best of the Indies Scene” – GamesMaster Magazine, Issue November, 2016
- “Selected for showcase at 6th Jordan Gaming Summit” – Amman, Jordan, 12th November, 2016
- “Selected for showcase at PAX East Rising Booth” – Boston, USA, 10th March, 2017
- “1st Prize selected by CEO Matsuda of Square Enix hosted by Manga Productions” – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 18th November, 2017
- “1st Prize The Big Indie Pitch at Jordan Gamming Summit 2018” – Amman, Jordan, 3rd November, 2018
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Artist, Programmer, Designer, Sound
Mary Elizabeth Kennedy
There are far more images available for Happiest Dark Corner, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!